INformatique Fondamentale, logIque, laNgages, vérIfication et Systèmes
Laboratoire International Associé
- Nicolás Alvarez’s PhD Thesis defense on December 18th, 2017.
- Ariel Zylber’s Licenciatura Thesis defense on November 21st, 2017
- Workshop INFINIS – 19/Oct/2017 *NEW: PROGRAM PUBLISHED*
- Valérie Barthé, Loïck Lhote and Frédéric Paccaut visits Universidad de Buenos Aires – October 2017
- “Model Checker Execution Reports” at ASE 2017
- Talks from LAGOS 2017
- Antonio Cafure will give a talk at Séminaire Algorithmique, GREYC Lab., Université de Caen – September 19, 2017
- Randomness and Analysis of Algorithms, organised by two Infinis teams – 17-18/10/2017
- LATIN 2018, organised by INFINIS members at Buenos Aires
- Alejandro Díaz-Caro visits LSV at ENS Paris-Saclay in December 2017
Nicolás Alvarez defends his PhD Thesis on December 18th, 2017, at Universidad Nacional del Sur. This thesis has been conducted with a CONICET scholarship under the direction of Verónica Becher.
Thesis: Finite State Randomness (pdf)
Jury: Olivier Carton (Université Paris Diderot), Santiago Figueira (Universidad de Buenos Aires) and Martín Safe (Universidad Nacional del Sur).
Ariel Zylber defends his Licenciatura en Ciencias de la Computación Thesis on November 21st, 2017, at Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, Universidad de Buenos Aires. This thesis has been supervised by Verónica Becher.
Thesis: From randomness with two symbols to randomness with three symbols (pdf)
The Workshop INFINIS 2017 will take place on Thursday, October 19, 2017, from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Departamento de Computación, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, Universidad de Buenos Aires (map).
During this workshop each team of INFINIS will present their main subjects of research and their perspectives. There are six teams and each presentation will last, at most, 60 minutes. Each presentation will consist of talks and 10 minutes will be devoted to questions and exchanges with the public. The talks are addressed to students and researchers interested in Computer Science. Registration is not required. Everybody is welcome.
More information at the web page of the event: Workshop INFINIS 2017
NEWS: The web page has been updated with the program
From October 16 to 20, Valérie Berthé (CNRS, IRIF, Université Paris Diderot), Loïck Lhote (GREYC, Université de Caen Basse-Normandie) and Frédéric Paccaut (LAMFA, Université de Picardie Jules Verne) will be visiting Universidad de Buenos Aires to work with Eda Casaratto and Antonio Cafure.
R. Castaño, Victor A. Braberman, Diego Garbervetsky, and Sebastian Uchitel will present the paper “Model Checker Execution Reports” (New Ideas paper) at the International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE) from October 30 to November 3 at Urbana-Champaign, Illinois, USA.
Antonio Cafure will give a talk at Séminaire Algorithmique, GREYC Lab., Université de Caen, France about “Irreducibility of reciprocal polynomials and applications”, on September 19, 2017.
The meeting “Randomness and Analysis of Algorithms” will take place in the Departamento de Computación, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, UBA on October 17 and 18, 2017.
It is organised by the project Alea En Amsud (STIC AMSUD 2016-2017) and the following teams of INFINIS Lab
- Algorithmic Randomness, Kolmogorov Complexity, Problems on Words
- Combinatorics and Analysis of Algorithms in Number Theory, Information Theory and Cryptography
This meeting will precede the INFINIS WORKSHOP that will be held on October 19 also in the Departamento de Computación, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, UBA.
For more information, please, visit the meeting’s webpage: Randomness and Analysis of Algorithms.
The 13th Latin American Theoretical INformatics Symposium (LATIN 2018) will be held in Buenos Aires on April 2018. Several members of INFINIS are in the organisation committee.
Alejandro Díaz-Caro will visit the lab LSV at ENS Paris-Saclay to work with Gilles Dowek in December 2017.